Thursday, June 26, 2008

Own Experience

I have had palm phones, windows mobile smartphones, and generic plain old regular phones, but I only recently made the plunge into the Symbian world with the 6682. My initial impressions after a week's worth of using it is that I should have done this a long, long time ago. Overall, I find it to be the most intuitive of the three major smartphone OS' out there. It combines the application switching of windows with the stability and intuitiveness of Palm's offering. The games out for the 60 series phones are unrivaled thanks in large part to the late n-gage (it was good for something - getting good games for REAL phones). Prince of Persia - Warrior Within absolutely blows me away as far mobile gaming goes. It's hard to believe I can have a near console experience on my little phone.Other apps I have found extremely useful are Profimail which is a great looking and versatile email client, sProfiles which turns my phone on silent for me automatically according to the schedule I set for it so that I don't have my phone go off in class because I forgot to mute it, iSync which allows me to sync basically everything you possibly can sync with a mac, including caller id pictures which blows me away. I spent about an hour taking photos of friends in my iPhoto collection and making caller id pics for them. It's sweet to have every single number in my phone accompanied by a picture. Opera is the single best mobile web browser I've ever used, hands down. It makes surfing on a screen as small as the 6682's actually bearable. The apps I'm looking for and haven't found, however, are a more advanced todo manager and an internet radio client (for the BBC). If anyone knows any s60 apps that would fit the bill let me know.

No comments: